Allison Moyel is a Registered Clinical Social Work Intern. Allison earned both a Master’s Degree in Social Work from Barry University and a Master’s Degree in Health Science Education from the University of Florida. Additionally, she holds a Bachelor of Health Science in Medical Technology from the University of Florida. Through her work in pediatrics and teaching high school students, she has many years of experience dedicated to helping adolescents and families. Most recently, Allison has worked extensively with victims of domestic violence and family members of those suffering from mental illness.
Allison’s passion is working with clients across the lifespan including children, adolescents, adults and their families living with emotional dysregulation, depression, anxiety, self-harm, and suicidality. Using a trauma-informed, client-focused, and strengths-based approach, she partners with the client to help them become the best versions of themselves. Drawing from evidenced-based practices in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Structural Family Therapy and Family Systems Therapy, Allison brings a wealth of experience and depth to the Oasis team.
Education and Training:
- Master of Social Work, Barry University
- Master of Health Science Education, University of Florida
- Bachelor of Health Science in Medical Technology
Training and Certification:
- Certified Florida Teacher in Elementary Education (Grades K-6) & Health (Grades K-12)
- School District of Palm Beach County Career & Technical Education Certificate
- NEA-BPD Family Connections Instructor
- NAMI Family to Family Instructor
- TF-CBT Certificate
- National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI)
- National Education Alliance for Borderline Personality Disorder (NEA-BPD)