Alyssa Hickey focuses on individualized-care and utilizes a collaborative relationship that promotes holistic healing and building resiliency. She uses her training in Trauma-Informed Care, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Trust-Based Relational Interventions (TBRI), play therapy, experiential therapies, and expressive art therapies to encourage healing of the mind, body, and spirit. She focuses on modalities that connect thoughts, emotions, and behaviors to create change. Alyssa excels in working with children, pre-teens, teenagers, and young adults struggling with an array of mental health needs including depression, anxiety, adjustment disorders, mood disorders, self-injury, suicidality, complex trauma, and family conflict. Alyssa empowers people to find happiness and hope in their lives.
- Master of Social Work, Florida Atlantic University (Magna Cum Laude)
- Bachelor of Social Work, University of Central Florida (Magna Cum Laude)
- Professional Trainings
- QPR: Suicide Prevention Training
- Trust-Based Relational Interventions
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Trauma-Informed Care