Karen Moore is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Eating Disorder Specialist who believes that all people deserve support, validation, and safety. Karen’s nine-plus years of experience working with children, adolescents, and adults struggling with mental health nurtured her ability to support and validate her clients. She values compassionate relationships and self-empowerment and believes that all people are worthy and important and works to help them realize this.
Karen’s comprehensive background includes work in a trauma and abuse treatment program, a therapeutic group home, and residential substance abuse program. She has vast experience with both individual and group therapy, serving adults with chronic mental health and co-occurring disorders, adolescents with substance abuse issues, and new and expectant mothers, children, and adolescents with a variety of mental health issues. Karen’s experience with complex cases motivated her to pursue a specialty in body image and eating disorder services. She works with a variety of mental health needs including depression, anxiety, eating disorders, self-injury, trauma, and adjustment disorders. She provides her clients with a safe and accepting environment to explore their needs and develop skills, using a variety of treatment modalities, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Psychodrama, play therapy, sand tray therapy, art therapy, and mindfulness-based and trauma-informed therapies.
Education and Professional Training:
- Florida Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Certified Eating Disorder Specialist
- Qualified Supervisor for Clinical Social Work
- Master of Social Work, Florida Atlantic University
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology and Sociology, St. John Fisher College
- Chapter Treasurer & Member, International Association for Eating Disorder Professionals (iaedp)
- Member, Junior League of Martin County