Lee Cotton, RDN, LDN, helps clients develop an intentional vision for their health, by assessing current food struggles and creating an effective and reasonable plan that can truly be a part of their life long-term. Lee believes in a non-diet approach, centered on mindful eating where individuals learn to stop fighting with food and move toward a peaceful co-existence with it and with themselves. “My passion is educating clients on how to eat for their own overall health. The “diet” philosophy I want my clients to have is simply a way of life and an eating pattern best suited for their own individual needs, not one that follows rigidity or deprivation.”
Her approach to medical nutrition therapy is evidenced-based and considers the client’s health and goals, providing the education and tools for a client to make lasting health changes. Believing that there is not a one-way-fits-all nutritional plan, she takes time to listen to each client and understand their concerns and patterns. Lee is compassionate and empathetic, working hard to create a safe and supportive environment for her clients.
Lee passionately practices a mindful approach to nutrition, considering the emotional aspect of eating and understanding individual’s unique relationship with food. Additionally, she uses her culinary background to share her creativity and love of food with her clients. Having taught Pilates for over a decade, Lee recognizes the value that movement can bring as people improve their connection with their bodies and move toward a balanced approach to health.
- South Florida Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (IAEDP)
- Oncology Nutrition (ON)
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs (NE)
- Dietitians in Integrative & Functional Medicine (DIFM)
- Behavioral Health Nutrition (BHN)
- Vegetarian Nutrition (VN)
- Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutrition (SCAN)
- Bachelor of Science, Dietetics and Nutrition, Keiser University
- Bachelor of Arts, Communications, Florida State University
- Impact 100