Monica Berger, LCSW has over 15 years of clinical experience working with adults, children, adolescents, and families. She has extensive training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and psychodynamic principles. She offers comprehensive DBT services, including individual therapy, skills training, phone coaching, and professional consultation with a qualified DBT clinical team. She has honed her skills working in various settings including, schools, hospital, health department and private practice.
Monica tailors her interventions to meet the needs of each client. Depending on the presenting problems, she may recommend individual therapy for individuals struggling with emotional or behavioral difficulties, consult with parents to improve their children’s behavior, work with couples to improve their communication, or conduct family therapy to assist families dealing with loss or transition.
Monica considers it an honor to work with her clients every day and is humbled by their courage and trust in working together with her. Monica’s own life journey of facilitating healing, supporting strong relationships and creating community has been, and continues to be, her privilege.
Education and Professional Training:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Master of Social Work, University of Maryland
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Towson University
- Intensively trained in DBT, Psychodynamic Interventions
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (IAEDP)
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Adolescents, Young Adults & Families
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Eating Disorders